How can we improve SwiftKey?

Having an option to take enable or disable the predictions bar

For the users who choose the rapid style of typing, bring up a little check box that can either enable of disable the predictions bar so for people like me -who type rather quickly- don't beat the phones ability to bring up predictions. (the predictions feature is an excellent feature, i just think it shouldn't be active during rapid) Rather than having the predictions bar, the app can focus more on reading and correcting your typing and fixing our typos without bringing up the bar and in some cases, cause lag to the application. Maybe have the auto correct bring up a small menu if the misspelled word is similar to many words. This is just a general idea and open to many changes.
Summary: option for no prediction bar and still have auto correct.

196 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnthonyAnthony shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Turn prediction bar off  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Turn Prediction bar Off (option)  ·   · 
    Sai ValenciaSai Valencia shared a merged idea: Turn prediction bar OFF (option)  ·   · 
    Martin SeveraMartin Severa shared a merged idea: Turn Prediction Bar Off  ·   · 
    HugoHugo shared a merged idea: Turn Prediction bar OFF (option)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: remove prediction bar  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris GatesChris Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS! My #1 complaint with this app!
        I dont want or need predictions, i need alternative words for what i'm trying to spell, because i type so fast the app doesn't always keep up and i get inaccuracies. I've never ONCE used the predictions, but i constantly find myself having to stop, click on the far side of the screen onto a word (not easy with an S3) then select the correct word.
        Why couldn't those three options be there while i'm typing?

• Denis YurkinDenis Yurkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow to choose alternative for the latest word entered with Flow instead of choosing prediction for the next word. Tapping Backspace every time I need to choose a different alternative takes too much time and required too often with my style - while I virtually never use next-word predictions.

@Sarah, is this a right feature to vote for with my request?

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes..can we have the option to change the way predictions are shown?

• Nathanael BackhouseNathanael Backhouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about both the flexibility to switch off predictions, and/or to free up screen real estate by removing the predictions bar completely?

Feedback and Knowledge Base