How can we improve SwiftKey?

Store list of frequently used usernames and email addresses

I would like to see the option to either store or cache a custom list of usernames and email addresses so that we don't need to type them in full every time. Maybe add them to the .com button or let the prediction feature do the job. Thank you

1,065 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe I have to type my email address over and over again. This is stupid. Switching to another keyboard app.

• Barb WrightBarb Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To get around security issues, Swiftkey could use Abbreviations/Shortcuts similar to Blackberry and, now, numerous other Keyboard apps*. See this thread and support it! http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116689-1-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/1958139-autotext-word-substitution-macros-brb-be-r

*These other apps aren't as good as Swiftkey overall, but this lack of shortcuts has sent me elsewhere (I'd like to be able to type "mcfd" and have it type "Ministry of Children and Family Development," for example)

• William N KingWilliam N King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I utilize the same username as username@gmail.com. I'd really love to be able to have SwiftKey capture this & then I can longpress the @ key for the email & you guys figure out whatever you want to use for just my username.

• IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, because we really want a feature that destroys the security on all our passwords. ill settle for it just not autocorrecting username and password forms

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Would extend to any sort of frequently used short phrases. Should be available in any text field except maybe passwords.

• Philip BradleyPhilip Bradley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on! How long do we have to wait for a simple thing like remembering email address and adding words. Poor Swiftkey, poor!
        Other keyboards have had this for ages now and they are FREE!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a 'clipboard' button would solve this?
        That way you could store whatever you like.
        Access the clipboard via long press on space bar?
        Chris

• FredFred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

at the very least, the gmail account i use for personalization should be reccanized, ju know?

• Thomas KjeldsenThomas Kjeldsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Learning full emails (and usernames with periods) would solve my one major headache with using SwiftKey.

This could be a good way to address some of the underlying issues resulting in this very popular (~5000 votes) request to disable automatic spacing after punctuation:

http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116689-1-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/1936213-option-to-disable-auto-space-after-punctuation-and

• Seneca SmithSeneca Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a must have for any android keyboard.. I have to type in my email so often I can't believe it isn't a staple feature for any of these types of programs... I know at least one that does it... forget what it is now.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump for this feature! I'm so saddened that this has not been added yet, and I've been using SwiftKey since like my very 1st smartphone. Just being able to add custom domains and rearrange and/or set priorities for them to the @ long hold would suffice. Never ever use Hotmail or yahoo addresses!

• Roy LewisRoy Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blackberry did something similar, where I ad shortcuts that could become any aliased text. For example, if I wrote "mynum" it would expand to my phone number. If I wrote "mygmail" it would put in my full Gmail address. I even had "dnd" = Dungeons & Dragons. Something similar would be a great solution.

For that matter, how about something to pull in numbers and addresses straight from the contact book?

• Andrew BreckenridgeAndrew Breckenridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to add this suggestion specifically. I think about it everytime i need to type in my email. I would love to see an 'E-Mail' button that you can press to put in a default email address or long press for a list of addresses.

• aweb7aweb7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just contacted support:
        Hello
        I use another keyboard so far. Swiftkey is great!
        I would like to have a mail address with hyphen being predicted (such as aweb7@abcf-efgh.ch). It seems swiftkey learns the first part aweb7@abcf and the second part efgh.ch separately. When I choose the predictions there are dispensable spaces between.
        Is there a way to solve that?
        Greetings aweb7

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base