How can we improve SwiftKey?

Learn from text file -- Learn from Whatsapp (Volume 2)

I know that Whatsapp do not offer an API to access their messages. But it is possible to export the history of Whatsapp as an txt-file (you can choose this option in the settings of Whatsapp). It would be great if Swiftkey can analyze this txt file!

1,758 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dennis MDennis M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jason SchellJason Schell shared a merged idea: Learn from Whatsapp  ·   · 
    Phani Theja Swarup VempalliPhani Theja Swarup Vempalli shared a merged idea: Personalization from Watsapp would be great as Facebook acquired Watsapp..  ·   · 
    Claudius HagenClaudius Hagen shared a merged idea: Learn from Whatsapp history (Backup file on SD-Card)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Learn from whatsapp and a vibration feedback option  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: From whatsapp  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Typing learn from apps like what'sapp & viper  ·   · 
    Mikko RantalainenMikko Rantalainen shared a merged idea: Allow learning from local text file  ·   · 

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason SchellJason Schell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, or easier:
        Whatsapp automatically creates backups of the chats every day at 4 am and saves the backup in the internal storage. So it should be possible to you to use this to enable the personalization, shouldn't it? For example, if the user is tapping the personalization button for whatsapp, SwiftKey is taking the backup and is personalisising it.
        Great idea to make it possible, especially when you have so many chats on whatsapp!
        The txt file is a good idea, but I will have to save the txt from every single chat, with 30 chats it will take a long time...

• Moulick AggarwalMoulick Aggarwal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@milankrcadinac "Beacuse of that we need to configure gmail filter that will automatically send messages from label WhatsApp chat to some dummy disposable mail address."

Could You please tell me how to do that...

• Milan KrcadinacMilan Krcadinac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok guys i found solution for learning from Whatsapp!

What we know for now is that SwiftKey learns from gmail, right?

So we need app that backs up Whatsapp content to gmail, i particularly found SMS Backup+ to do this very nicely

Before you start backing up whatssapp messages you must know that SwiftKey only learns from sent messages!
        Beacuse of that we need to configure gmail filter that will automatically send messages from label WhatsApp chat to some dummy disposable mail address.

After you configure this you can back up your messages Gmail will work his job and move them to sent messages as you send to disposable address and after all is done you can use SwiftKey to learn all this :D

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy about learning from txt as well because I'm too paranoid to give SwiftKey access to my mail account :-)

• SantoshSantosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this feature guys.
        I can copy all local language in english alphabets and feed it to SK in one go... wow, incredible it would be.

• Isabelle JenkinsIsabelle Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Learn from text messages, that's. Where I do the most typing and am the rat version of myself. Maybe a separate business and casual toggle. You talk and type in almost different languages when it's for certain recipients and purposes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why no official statement?!?
        I dont think u can hide from this option anymore - and you also know it ^^ ppl already look for workarounds, means u are late in time - dont u?

• Vítězslav FerkoVítězslav Ferko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And if swiftkey could export such data itself to such txt file and then import it on another installation, that would be great to!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SwiftKey, wake up! It's 2013! Even my grandma uses whatsapp! They ain't much to learn from Facebook, Twitter, text msgs. Everyone talks trough whatsapp these days

• HenningHenning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the future is going one way, and Swiftkey the other. Whatsapp, and other short message texting over IP systems, are dominating and will be the future. Swiftkey will miss this train if they don’t change their minds over this issue. SMS is the past, and they got stuck with it. Too bad for a very nice product that has “the best” predictive system. Hope they will take a moment to look into the future soon.

• ChrieesChriees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it is possible to officially contact the whatsapp-team, so they could work together!?
        Works out great for both sides, doesn't it?

• HexagonalHexagonal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for the text file. Or text file with word probabilities. And in a perfect universe, it should be able to handle BIG user text files (several megabytes).

• Denis YurkinDenis Yurkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> Export to txt, copy the whole txt to an email, learn from gmail.

This is not an option when you need to learn from a proprietary confidential todo list, note-taking application or corporate messaging application which is able to export to plain text.

• driftinganomalydriftinganomaly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Quote]

Hi Anonymous, your link just points to an app that only does what can also achieved manually. Like Dennis M said you can export the history and with a little RegEx magic you get a text that only contains what you wrote yourself.
        You can paste that into a GMail-Mail and send it to yourself and after that advise SwiftKey to learn from that GMail-account.

Sounds good, has only one disadvantage: it doesn't work :-( (why not, SwiftKey-Team?)[/Quote]

I don't know what that output file looks like, but if it contains to/from, date, and time info, try purging that so that only text is left. This is a long shot, but who knows....

• SilvorlaSilvorla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! WhatsApp is to SMS what Smartphones are to the old Nokia phones - obliterating it. Everyone I know hardly use SMS.

• xWavexWave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Anonymous, your link just points to an app that only does what can also achieved manually. Like Dennis M said you can export the history and with a little RegEx magic you get a text that only contains what you wrote yourself.
        You can paste that into a GMail-Mail and send it to yourself and after that advise SwiftKey to learn from that GMail-account.

Sounds good, has only one disadvantage: it doesn't work :-( (why not, SwiftKey-Team?)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base