I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JohnJohn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Dedicated punctuation marks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Dedicated punctuation marks  ·   · 
    FabFab shared a merged idea: Dedicated Punctuation keys  ·   · 
    JamesJames shared a merged idea: Dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Anthony BachnerAnthony Bachner shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation keys  ·   · 
    David CameronDavid Cameron shared a merged idea: Dedicated punctuation keys  ·   · 
    Valentino Valentino shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation keys  ·   · 
    andrevv gandrevv g shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Abel Abel shared a merged idea: We need a question mark on the alphabet screen...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    NeilNeil shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    AshtonAshton shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    SandonSandon shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation marks  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Maarten Maarten shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Jason Jason shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Edward KasovicEdward Kasovic shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Scott MooreScott Moore shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    MimeMime shared a merged idea: I hate the sliding question mark and the sliding exclamation point doesn't work at all. I am sorry I did the so-called upgrade.  ·   · 
    DavideDavide shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    HeathHeath shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Eduardo Eduardo shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Jonathan Jonathan shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    DorinaDorina shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Ron SaritzkyRon Saritzky shared a merged idea: Please bring back the separate exclamation and question mark  ·   · 
    JoeJoe shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    shanna_coleman@hotmail.comshanna_coleman@hotmail.com shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    StevenSteven shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    JoshJosh shared a merged idea: Option to revert punctuation marks back to original position on keyboard.  ·   · 
    SheenySheeny shared a merged idea: The slide "?" and "!" makes it difficult and not faster, please return to the original setting, its a degrade rather than an upgrade !  ·   · 
    Greg MeddingGreg Medding shared a merged idea: I would like an option to get the dedicated question mark back. The slide is too slow and requires retraining.  ·   · 
    Guy Dowling Guy Dowling shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation marks  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    fougfoug shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    David David shared a merged idea: Put ! Key back where it belongs, not in a list!  ·   · 
    Jason HJason H shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 
    Mrero Mrero shared a merged idea: Get back the way the question mark is entrees  ·   · 
    ThomThom shared a merged idea: Restore the question mark to its proper glory.  ·   · 
    Steve HicksSteve Hicks shared a merged idea: dedicated punctuation  ·   · 

222 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SueSue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice video, but many of us can't easily slide left for the ! ... The ¿¡ are in the way. The comma is in the way, and also has its own key. The period is also in the way, which, yes, is its own key when you don't long press. That's FOUR unnecessary marks in the way. Easy fix... If all of the posts about this were merged, there would be millions of votes ¿

• Bronislav ShtromBronislav Shtrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still hasn't been brought back? My god, how hard is it to understand that we don't like having to slide? Make the people who use Flow have to do it, but not for everybody. I messed up sliding question marks three times trying to type just those two sentences, and yes I'm not holding down but sliding. This is cumbersome and STILL feels unnatural even while using it for so long now.

And why is there still an extra comma? It wastes my time to have to it skip it.

Give back the ?/! Key and the ./, Key! Please, I beg you.

Four times to try to slide out the right punctuation keys there. Four freaking times

• Katherine Katherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The period should not be the short press option since it is already just as fast to double tap the space bar. Question mark should be the short tap option to the right of the space bar. The long press slide option should not include comma since that is already on the keyboard. I would also like a much faster way to put multiple exclamation marks!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is better than have dot, because it is already achievable by double tap on space bar.

• PolarisPolaris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have the punctuation marks in the prediction bar? Makes typing so much faster & easier.

• AnubhavAnubhav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does not always work correctly. Quite often I end up with a comma or a period. Plz incorporate these punctuation marks in the long press of alphabets.

• David CameronDavid Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You wouldn't need to make a youtube video if it worked correctly ;-) would you ml (oops it did it again!)?

• David CameronDavid Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still hate the lack of a dedicated question mark key. Even with the May 2013 update I've typed ml once when trying to add a question mark and another time it simply didn't add the question mark. This is unacceptable. It's time to fix it! Give us options!

• JiraffeJiraffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This works provided you slide all the way left to where the exclamation mark is, but that isn't quick at all. Don't know why the option to select the period and comma appear in the long press list as they already have dedicated buttons. Please fix this thanks!

• JenniJenni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mind the long press, just don't think there is a need comma on the punctuation key when it's already stationary on the left side of the keyboard.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like long press for explanation and question marks. I hate the slide thing. Also where the heck is the percent symbol.

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please make an option to disable the long press and slide punctuation. It takes too much precision. The old long press underneath the period was perfect. Please make an option to select that if we want it.

• John WJohn W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked it soooooo much better when it predicted that I would be using three exclamations... Like this!!!

• John WJohn W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Sarah Reynolds... This isn't an answer, and it most certainly hasn't made it easier to type "even quicker than before." I'm disappointed I wasted $2.

• wojtekwojtek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

awesome... and now for no apparent reason I can't even swipe to right to enter exclamation mark! When I'm at the rightmose edge of the screen the highlight is still on the dot :|
        is it to much to ask to have sane punctuation behaviour?! :/

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base