How can we improve SwiftKey?

Add the option to stop swiftkey from adding every word to the dictionary automatically (incognito)

I really think that each one of those keyboards, swift x, smart keyboard pro and swype has a big problem, one you can't delete words from the dictionary and one you can't stop it from learning wrong words as you type. I think the request feature is pretty simple to implement and i see no reason not to do it. which ever one of these keyboards fixes this problem they would be the winner and i would that keyboard. My favorite option out of all of these would be if Swift X was to give me the option to stop learning words as i type. This would be better than having smart keyboard pro let me delete words from the dictionary because then i wouldn't have to delete all these words from the SPK dictionary (which there are a lot of useless words) and also because Swift X has a better dictionary to begin with.

There is also another problem that i have with Swype and Swift X that i don't usually have with SPK and that is when i type "U" both keyboards change it automatically to "I" and i am not sure what a solution is because these two letters will always compete.

2,334 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Incognito mode  ·   · 
    Rev. Rev. shared a merged idea: Incognito Mode (turn off learning)  ·   · 
    DarioDario shared a merged idea: incognito mode  ·   · 
    Roger masonRoger mason shared a merged idea: Add a "private mode" where SwiftKey does not remember what you type.  ·   · 
    Mikael Mikael shared a merged idea: Don't save words in Incognito mode  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Incognito mode  ·   · 
    NomnomNomnom shared a merged idea: Incognito mode  ·   · 
    KluviKluvi shared a merged idea: Incognito mode  ·   · 
    Jan Oldenbürger Jan Oldenbürger shared a merged idea: Incognito mode: (temporarily stop SK learning words)  ·   · 
    artworksmetalartworksmetal shared a merged idea: Incognito mode  ·   · 
    NomnomNomnom shared a merged idea: incognito mode  ·   · 
    Michel de RooijMichel de Rooij shared a merged idea: Incognito mode  ·   · 
    joeri Verheuljoeri Verheul shared a merged idea: Incognito Mode - a way to not remember any words  ·   · 
    flarn2006flarn2006 shared a merged idea: Incognito mode  ·   · 
    Guillaume SeguinGuillaume Seguin shared a merged idea: Do not learn words typed in specific applications (like a password manager, wallet app, etc.)  ·   · 
    xlordvaderxlordvader shared a merged idea: Incognito Mode / Privacy Mode / Disable Learning Shortcut  ·   · 
    AdamAdam shared a merged idea: Option to enter a word without adding to the dictionary.  ·   · 
    Bjørnar Bjørnar shared a merged idea: There should be a " secret mode " where no words gets remembered etc...  ·   · 
    MATTMATT shared a merged idea: Incognito mode  ·   · 
    JordanJordan shared a merged idea: Add an option to disable keystrokes  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Privacy Mode  ·   · 
    Piotr SamborskiPiotr Samborski shared a merged idea: Disable learning/predictions with a key long press  ·   · 
    JohanJohan shared a merged idea: Option to choose to exclude words from being saved.  ·   · 
    Austin LiAustin Li shared a merged idea: Have a key, or a gesture where it will not learn whatever the particular field user is inputing  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: A private browsing mode that won't remember words  ·   · 
    gj13gj13 shared a merged idea: Option to confirm new words being saved into user dictionary  ·   · 
    MagnnusMagnnus shared a merged idea: A quick key to disable/enable learning  ·   · 

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aaron CrittendenAaron Crittenden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I'm using Chrome's incognito browsing it's because I specifically don't want the things I search to be remembered, but I can't prevent the keyboard from saving those things without disabling predictive text altogether (which I don't want to do)

• James ChouJames Chou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this as a toggle on the keyboard itself since I'd want to use this option when I put in my passwords or other personal information. It'd be a "do not add to history" button.

• Jyoti Ranjan DashJyoti Ranjan Dash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It automatically add all the websites I visit even though I don't want it to. And i have delete them every single time. If I copy a url. It save all the information from the url after each / which I don't want it to. This never used to happen Inn the old version not until I wanted to. But now it adds on its own

• Charley BCharley B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss SwiftKey X Terribly. But I've moved on to A.I.Type now… I actually come back each time they release an upgrade… but sadly don't stay long :( This is just another reason.

• AntoAnto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often type in 2 different languages so I end up polluting one dictionary with another so I get predictions in the wrong language. Another super annoying thing is that the prediction stores things you might not want showing up on your phone... say you search for a private health concern or anything you'd rather keep to yourself, and you have been doing it a lot lately... the prediction will keep showing up even if you repeatedly delete it. INCOGNITO mode should stop it from monitoring/learning what you type. PLEASE ADD IT !!!

• Shifan Shifan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important to me because I use SwiftKey not only in English but in my local languages Sinhala and Tamil. So what we is a mix of the three languages for casual talking and instant messaging. But for formal purposes like email we use only English. That's when the automatic learning option bites me. Sometimes I use a different keyboard for chatting and other social media stuff. This kind switch will really help to keep things simple

• Kutt KatreaKutt Katrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It may be partially addressed by:

http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116689-1-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/5497806-a-no-prediction-or-autocorrect-switch

Because you could simply shut down auto-correct while you write the "offensive text", and shut it on again after, without the problem of adding a complex mix of configurations.

Also, this would help:

http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116689-1-ideas-and-suggestions/suggestions/5799124-have-an-option-to-selectively-remove-certain-predi

As you could remove the words that were added accidentally

• Devesh SinghDevesh Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have a handy option to disable learning temporarily for words like passwords and codes. It would be great if it could be defaulted for password fields.

• Mark Jiacik Mark Jiacik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would LOVE IT if it was possible to delete user stored words that were saved. I have a lot of miss spelled words in my dictionary I would like to delete out of the dictionary.

• Erik BryantErik Bryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there is another reason for this. I sometimes will type swear words, and now it remembers the swear words all the time. I'd love to remove this as sometimes other people may use my phone.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love if I could delete commonly misspelled words - for me it's for (fpr) and to (tp) - and i even go back to change it and it still comes up anyways! I am almost ready to try something else. we have loved Swiftkey and want to remain customers and referring it. Thanks, hope this option comes up!

• NomnomNomnom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SwiftKey, c'mon. This has been open since October 2011. Please include an option to disable auto-learning.

• StevenSteven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As somebody else pointed out, you can in fact delete words by long-pressing them. However, I still like this idea just because sometimes I want to use a word, but I don't want it remembered because it's an intentional misspelling or a word I don't normally use or whatever, but it's a real pain to make Swiftkey keep it without remember it. I have to either hit enter and submit the word (e.g. in a search bar) or add two spaces, hit the left arrow, type the word, then hit the right arrow to move to the next word without activating a completion.

• MaxineMaxine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea merged with yours Matt. And I can't seem to be able to delete the comment/correction I made to my own post so just to let you know that that comment was intended for a correction to my post before it merged with yours.
        Other than that I hope they work on and implement this idea soon :/

• Geir SprettGeir Sprett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Swiftkeys correction by learning is not good enough if you by mistake repeat typing wrongly spelled words. It will on the contrary learn wrongly spelled words. Add and delete words to your own userdefined spelling checker dictionary to get rid of typing errors. Next version update please :-)

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

swype now has the option to "ask me before adding words to my dictionary" I would like that option for swiftkey also

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base