How can we improve SwiftKey?

Full email addresses as a predictions

Full email addresses should always pop up as a prediction option. Currently the first part of an email pops up, the "@", then the last part, with spaces between each part so you must go back and delete the spaces. It would be far better if i could simply select the full email from the predictions bar and be done with it.

380 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TimTim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Eddie MattisonEddie Mattison shared a merged idea: remember email addresses  ·   · 

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martijn BrounsMartijn Brouns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sarah: "We've rolled out full email prediction". What's that and how do I turn that on? Doen't work on my HTC One X

• TRTR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't work for me either, and it is a big letdown. Use on both tablets and phone.

• f mcgf mcg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing the last comment... email addresses with first.last name are very hard to do... doable but a pain because it assumes the dot is a period.

• El MotivoEl Motivo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it does remember email addresses. Here's a suggestion. Every time you know you're going to leave your phone or before you go to sleep. Go into your settings and have swiftkey learn your words and sentence structure.

• Pascal CastrataroPascal Castrataro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

the prediction of my email address does not work in an email address field but in a text field. How do I fix this?

Thank you

• Eddie MattisonEddie Mattison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

p.s. OR if you could "associate" this program with Word (the word processing program) or a similar program to process word documents easier to type, I'll bet you you would make ANOTHER million! :-)

• Lamarr OtemsLamarr Otems commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great but the space afterwards makes it useless for any fields an email address is submitted to. Most websites reject it. Please fix.

• JaimeJaime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually don't mind if it's broken up; it'd be hard to read entire email addresses in the prediction areas once they get to a certain length. This would be solved entirely if there weren't spaces around the @ symbol.

• Olivier HokkeOlivier Hokke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeaa I wanted this feature so badly. Saw it working on the beta version! Awesome! 1 thing I dislike is the automatically added space. Better would be to not enter spaces automatically after choosing a prediction, untill you start to type or put a prediction.

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried all the suggestions and like Tim said, it still inserts the spaces on mine. Does this happen on the "paid" version??

• Mark WorsnopMark Worsnop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added an idea that would fit into this where SK X could have user defined shortcut section, This idea would answer this topic as well as several others.

• Peter MikulaPeter Mikula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same thing happened to me today. In my opinion this is a bug. I don't think that the concept of Swiftkey is about users having to use workarounds.

• craPkitcraPkit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try marking the address from the beginning to the end (using the arrow keys) and then save the whole thing.

• WhiskeypawzWhiskeypawz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tim Once you put your email address in all together the first time, it should remember it. Don't use the prediction the first time, manually put the whole thing in. From then on it should bring it up in predictions.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base