How can we improve SwiftKey?

Please enable option for invisible keyboard

Please enable invisible keyboard similar to Flesky (Video: http://goo.gl/lyXgS)

1,490 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nishith PatelNishith Patel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for transparent. Sometimes the data entry field on a Web page is directly above the keyboard and it's not possible to see where to go next

• Simon GrechSimon Grech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I like the idea of having a semi transparent keyboard over the other windows so that you so can see what you are typing.

• RaulRaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Compro swiftkey per semplificarla non complicarla. Non ha senso!

• Matt FalconMatt Falcon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It already showed its lack of context awareness and usability issues right in that demo video as he was talking. It might show the keyboard but those areas on the screen are still unusable. I'm a high speed tap typer and SwiftKey is already painful enough. Do not want this. I want SwiftKey to go away when I attach a bluetooth keyboard. And for this damn reply box to expand so I can even see what I typed!! Ugh, I hate mobile typing.. . And for SwiftKey to stop adding itsown damn spaces when I use punctuation. That option should be there.

• ballsballs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SwiftKey can't even be bothered to add a theming engine or to hire someone who knows something about design. Don't hold your breath.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess what would be ideal would be being able to change the opacity of the keyboard in the settings that way the people who want the totally invisible keyboard would get that and the people that want a sheer keyboard would get that.

• Matt JMatt J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many times I already am looking at the upper portion of the screen while typing below so this would be a natural extension of the use case and would allow more screen real estate. Great idea!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing... but rather than a completely invisible keyboard, how about one that is mostly transparent but we can still see where the keys are?

Feedback and Knowledge Base