or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim WingertJim Wingert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go to settings of SwiftKey keyboard then to "advanced settings" and change "spacebar completion mode" from "always insert a pridiction" to "always insert a space" .

It really does work.

• Alan YoungbloodAlan Youngblood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a on and off of the auto correct with out having a space after a period. I love the keyboard but this is the only thing keeping me from buying it.

• harry salterharry salter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they don't want to make it simple to turn auto correct off becuase they want to get you to hand over your email information for "better predictions" not in this lifetime swiftkey

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add feature to disable 'text autocorrect'. I did the "spacebar completition mode" but it still adds the space after the period. It's annoying when having to type in the domain names or ip addresses. If you do not add this feature then I'm going to dump this software to a different company who listens to their customers.

• woricworic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish to strongly support the sentiment to temporarily turn off autocorrect, even if only for the rest of that input field.

Ending URLs and domain names with SwiftKey is a nightmare which usually leads me to switching to another keyboard until I return to typing normal English words.

Please, please, please make it easy to turn autocorrect on and off.

The spacebar-option disables the AutoCOMPLETE feature only. But it's not possible to disable the AutoCORRECTION! I have more work with the annoying re-correction of my words than Swiftkey helps me to save time by auto-correcting me.
        PLEASE make it possible to disable the damn AutoCORRECTION!

• Maaz Shahid Maaz Shahid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

!!! ATTENTION!!!
        He just told how to turn off auto correct....
        Go to settings of SwiftKey keyboard then to "advanced settings" and change "spacebar completion mode" from "always insert a pridiction" to "always insert a space" .

• flowflow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes PLEASE add an autocorrect off option! It's driving me nuts!

Spent more than an hour google-ing how to turn off the darn Swiftkey auto correct!. They should not expect that everyone is born gifted in figuring things out by themselves. Anyway enough of the rant & lets move on to the solution, I just updated mine with the latest version & the 123 long press doesn't do the trick anymore. Here's what you do...
        Go to your SwiftKey APP - ADVANCED (Text correction & other settings) - Spacebar completion mode - Always insert a space.

and Tada! The auto-correct is off ;)

• WayneWayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really do need the option to turn off swiftkey at times. I use an app called teamviewer to remote control client servers and pc's, logging in typing in a password is excruciatingly difficult. I love the swiftkey everywhere else but when running this selected app.

The lack of a simple autocorrect on/off switch is mind-boggling!!
        Please add it!

I think an easy fix for this would be a complete disable option and timed disable option. For those of us who use the auto-correct most of the time but then run into the cases of needing to insert something that should NOT be auto-corrected (such as a url) you could hit a configurable timed auto-correct hot-key on the keyboard which would disable auto-correct for 30 seconds.

• Michal GlocMichal Gloc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even with the spacebar setting, it still messes up my spelling, as I use 3 languages. As long as swiftkey does not have "completly disable autocorrect/autocomplete" it's unusable for me.

Just stopped using swiftkey after almost a year of use because I cannot disable autocorrect for entering in an URL. The app should be able to tell, duh, that after an "http://"; that it doesn't need to autocorrect but no, and there is no way to enter in the address using swiftkey.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base