How can we improve SwiftKey?

Easier way to change language / language switcher

I usually use 3 languages: Spanish, Catalan and English, and it's not suitable to have enabled all 3 because predictions are not very fast or they are not in the wanted language. (and it get worst with Spanish and Catalan, because they have a lot of similar words) and it's uncomfortable to go to languages and keyboards everytime I chat or send an email to my different contacts.

It would be great to change the language in use just holding space, or with a key, or making swiftkey remembering the language used for each contact,...

1,135 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pedro Abalos GarciaPedro Abalos Garcia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jaime Jaime shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Abdel Gomez PerezAbdel Gomez Perez shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    LorisLoris shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Luigi LacerenzaLuigi Lacerenza shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Language switcher  ·   · 
    Obadia MemúnObadia Memún shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Language switcher  ·   · 
    Lior MesiLior Mesi shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Paul VinellPaul Vinell shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    John John shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    YuriYuri shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Sal MarchicaSal Marchica shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    TomTom shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Miki Solomonov Miki Solomonov shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    PhilPhil shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Przemyslaw BobnisPrzemyslaw Bobnis shared a merged idea: Language switcher  ·   · 
    Mike Mike shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: language switcher  ·   · 
    Alin FilipAlin Filip shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Markus Markus shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    NinoNino shared a merged idea: language switcher  ·   · 
    VsevolodVsevolod shared a merged idea: language switcher  ·   · 
    LuisLuis shared a merged idea: Language switcher  ·   · 
    Roberto Guerrero Roberto Guerrero shared a merged idea: language switcher  ·   · 
    Francisco Francisco shared a merged idea: language switcher  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: language switcher  ·   · 
    CLTCLT shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Horacio ChagasHoracio Chagas shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    BalpBalp shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    CarlosCarlos shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Change Language Key / Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Sascha Sascha shared a merged idea: Switch Languages Key  ·   · 
    RSRS shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    MarioMario shared a merged idea: Swipe on space bar to switch languages  ·   · 
    3dfactor3dfactor shared a merged idea: Add an option to separate dictionary usage depending on the language you chose to type in.  ·   · 
    Sinclair E.N.Sinclair E.N. shared a merged idea: Language Switcher  ·   · 
    Petru Rares SincraianPetru Rares Sincraian shared a merged idea: Button to change the lenguage  ·   · 
    Thomas RegnierThomas Regnier shared a merged idea: Add quick link to change the input language. Either an additional function for the "settings" keypad or Android style by swiping along space  ·   · 

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MLK MLK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason why I switched to Swype. I think swiftkey is much more advanced and I don't understand why is it so difficult to add this essential feature.

• Jordi GonzalezJordi Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also be great if we could hear from Swiftkey team. I don't know, something like "this is impossible to do for the way that Swiftkey is coded" or "I don't care about it, just continue voting and we'll continue ignoring you". But say something, please!!

• ZibiZibi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Your predictions are very good for a single language but it makes mistakes too often if more than one language is used.
        I'd leave 20 votes for this if this was possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
        It would make my life soooo much easier.
        Swipe or long-press the spacebar would be ideal.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major pain for probably all non-English users. SwiftKey is not reliably able to determine the current language and the prediction gets messed up. Please just move the "select language option" out to the keyboard (swipe over the space bar?)

• SteffenSteffen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an option to switch of predictions for multiple languages at the same time. It makes your really nice keyboard pretty much unusable as I need to write in one language at a time.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please review this issue? We have no answer about it, even considering it has quite some votes and it's an extremely issue for this kind of speakers. Please!

• LuigiLuigi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3
        I know it should be an advantage of SwiftKey to use multiple languages at one time. But as described in the top post it doesn't help much after some time using different languages, because predictions are a 'language cross-over' and not very helpful if you currently want to write in one single language.

Please make it optional: All at once or language switcher. Would be awesome.

Currently I'm back on Google keyboard, 'cause it's possible there -and SwiftKey predictions don't help much currently. Was getting mad about many stupid predictions.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

It's really annoying to see prediction quality going down as ALL active languages are used, not only the one that is shown on the space key.

• NemoNemo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just installed SwiftKey free in order to compare it with Swype.
        Since I use 3 languages regularly, this missing feature is a no-go for me. So unfortunately only because of this, I choose Swype.

• JordiJordi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news about this issue? I'm tired of having to correct my messages just because Swiftkey doesn't get the language I'm speaking. Yes, there are no problems with English vs Spanish, but when languages are similar it's painful. I.e: Every time that I write in Catalan "facil" it tries to change it for "fácil" instead of "fàcil", since I also have the Spanish dictionary installed.
        Please, just add swype to space bar to switch languages, why is it THAT hard? You've got a great product that can't shine because of small things like that.

• DannyDanny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be a great feature, sure. but probably won't be at the priorities top list until the users start showing that with out it, they will choose a different product.

• SwiftkeyUserSwiftkeyUser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
        Also keep in mind that sometimes Swiftkey remembers a words for the wrong language. Why can't we just swype to choose our language? It's easy and makes things WAY better. Right now I'm using different keyboards because I don't like mixing languages. Please, change it!!

• PabloPablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar problem, I love the 3 languages and like how it works

But I use at least 5 languages per month and not the same three every day. Having to activate / deactivate the 3 main languages it is time costy.

In the end, getting words from different languages mixed, because sometimes it is faster for me to write in the forth language without changing the settings.

Having pre-set lenguages by contact or app, wouldn't be bad.

Or having two main languages and a third "floating" one, that can be switch siftwly from the main keyboard.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base