How can we improve SwiftKey?

Add User Definable Keys

It would be useful for SwiftKey to provide a set of User definable keys, which would allow user's to define/map the keys/character's that are most appropriate.

For me, I need a Tab Key (shift for a Reverse Tab). Other keys could be defined as follows (for example),

1) Undo
2) Arrow Keys
3) Screen/Page up, Screen/Page Down
4) Del (forward)
5) Home (Shift Home = End)
6) Currency Symbols
7) Emoticons

Etc...

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Len WinterLen Winter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surprised not to see more support for this idea. There are many requests for keys to be added to the home screen, so why not satisfy everyone by adding two or three keys that can be assigned, perhaps on the same row as the arrow keys (when that gets done for tablet). Thumb Keyboard has a whole row of customizable keys, but of course it uses space differently.

• Mike LiverightMike Liveright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed: Though I'd ALSO add a % key,l and agree with the TAB... It may be somewhere, but I can't find it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a full sized standard keyboard layout, there's plenty of space! But a customizable section would be great. a .co.uk key would be good.

• Steve MBSteve MB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making the emoticons user definable would be particularly useful IMO (I rarely use them, and can easily type them normally when I do). I'd have more use for short strings like "[i]" "[/i]" to define text that will be converted to italics (and similar for bold, etc).

• R cornR corn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. I there are many times that I misspell items and would like cursor keys always available. Other keys would also be useful.

• James BillsJames Bills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in agreement with Len. SwiftKey is absolutely, without a doubt, the best keyboard for my xoom tablet, but it would be awesome if we could define the keys and personalize the board to fit our needs. I own. SwiftKey on my Motorola Razr and found that it is somewhat definable. I am able to make the arrow keys visible at all times.

• RichRich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tab key would be great, but it is the only thing I I miss from the stock galaxy tablet keyboard.

Having said that... This keyboard is great!

Feedback and Knowledge Base