How can we improve SwiftKey?

Forward Delete Key

I like to delete characters to the right of my cursor.

306 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RicoRico shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    TosinTosin shared a merged idea: Forward Delete (DEL)  ·   · 
    MimeMime shared a merged idea: Forward Delete Key  ·   · 
    Torstein Brevik Torstein Brevik shared a merged idea: Forward "Delete" key  ·   · 
    Azman Abdul HamidAzman Abdul Hamid shared a merged idea: Forward delete key  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: forward delete functionality  ·   · 

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's such a micky mouse keyboard without this. Probably one of the most basic things a keyboard should have.

• SabSab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this ever going to be added or..? Very useful key. I would appreciate it if you could add it, as the cursor sometimes doesn't let you move it to the last character, and a forward delete key would make deleting that character possible, despite the cursor not cooperating.

• Alison Alison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm making the switch from BlackBerry and was shocked to discover there's no forward delete key. How is this possible?!

• Daniel Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, add a delete key, a very useful key on computer and a needed one even if never seen elsewhere.

• J Webb J Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sole reason for my search for a new keyboard was to get a DEL (forward) key, or at least shift/delete, or even arrows. I read in a forum that SwiftKey has it. Not so. At least not in the tablet version. Going back to Android until I can find something that will forward delete.

• DagmarDagmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be beneficial to have this function while the cursor doesn't always end up where I want to put it. I have to tap more times often and forward delete would solve this issue.
        Thanks

• AZClifAZClif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other keyboards use the Shift+Backspace for this. Please add soon. It has to be a very simple tweak in the code. Little effort, huge impact. Thanks.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be VERY useful, especially if you accidentally scroll one letter to the right. Blackberry had a delete and a backspace key, no reason why Swiftkey shouldn't have this option too. Perhaps it could be done via a press and hold -> swipe option, like the period / question mark key, that way we could have backspace, delete, delete current word, ...

• PowersimonPowersimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I often need to delete only one letter, so I think a swype would be just "too much" for this purpose. Better to add a key.

• Xavier DéryXavier Déry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OR (sorry for the double post) we could be able to SELECT what swiping left, up and right do in the SETTINGS ! ! ! Of course swiping down closes the keyboard and that's never gonna have to change.

• Xavier DéryXavier Déry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Naaah, it would be so much better if swiping right had the "End" function ! You touche where you want to fiddle with what you've typed, do it, and then swipe right to get to the end of the line and start typing again ! !

• Jim Butt Jim Butt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shift-bkspce would be so easy to add. You're wasting the key by not having a dual role.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base